Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Latest at the Tate Modern

This is the work of Carsten Holler which is now displayed at the magnificent Turbine Hall at the Tate Modern. This opened yesterday and as I am fortunate enough to work quite near by I ventured for a slide ride at lunch time! (so many rhymes!!!) There are several different rides, w different heights, this is inside the smallest.



You don't need a ticket for this one. They are all free but you do have to get tickets from the information desk for the biggest ones and there are limited numbers dished out on a 1st come 1st served basis. The tickets also have times on them w a 30m window.



I have to say its not super impressive but it is fun. There is also an element of danger in the highest rides. I did the level 4 one and got a bruised arm and it hurts!!! It is a little dangerous and I would advise you to follow their simple instructions.



Remember to leave your bag in the cloak room as you can't ride w them. If you do visit, enjoy and TAKE CARE.



Its almost surreal to see the slides there but then again one has to give it to the Tate for innovative use of space!


This reminds me of a section of the DNA molecule.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great although if someone wanted me to define it in artistic terms I'd be gobsmacked. I'm definitely gonna try this one out it's had a lot of good pblicity elsewhere too.

Did you get in the biggest one!?

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home