Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Freud Museum - Sue Webster & Tim Noble

Last night was the opening of 'Polymorphous Perverse' by Tim Noble and Sue Webster at the Freud Museum. I'd seen their work before. I don't usually go for gory things but their big installation, of which you can see a brief video below, is actually quite fascinating. I think because it is in the context of Freud I didn't dismiss it as I usually would w things this dark. I must say they managed to create a piece that somehow manages to translate Freud's concept of polymorphous perverse in a way (well, its all down to interpretation...).

Freud's office



Upstairs



Back in his office



Sue Webster & Tim Noble's work








Simple & humouristic

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to go and see the Freud's House Museum. And this seems like all the more reason, Marina Warner one of my favourite writers has written the official guide to the House Museum. The video clips are a bit dark, the second one is really cool, it all seems very interpenetrative!

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home