Monday, February 26, 2007

Renoir at the National Gallery



Yes, I know, it's out of focus, but it was all I could manage as security was very tight! What an amasing exhibition! Small, only 3 rooms, however, it really gives the viewer an idea of Renoir's technique. He was indeed a Master (state the obvious). I came to the conclusion Renoir must have been short sited, that is, he couldn't see far. This is the impression his paintings gave me. I myself only started wearing glasses to remedy this fault not so long ago, and looking at his paintings reminded me of how I used to see before wearing specs! This might be common knowledge, not sure, didn't look it up, but this is my theory! I particularly liked his impression of the Piazza di San Marco in Venice, the light is so luminous is almost bliding!
Not to be missed at the National Gallery, until 20th May. Worth every penny of the £12 admission fee.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I can walk by May I MUST go and see this. Renoir being one of my bestest painters, fascinting detail and colour techinques.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Olá Rosarinho,
Só para te mandar um beijinho ENORME e dizer que continuo a ser visitante assidua do teu Blog!
XI-Coração
Sónia (do Lopo)

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home