Sunday, August 19, 2007

Bolshoi at the Coliseum





I love ballet since I was a child. I used to learn it when I was about 5 and like any little girl I wanted to be a primadona! I always wanted to see the great Bolshoi company performing. They were in London for a short season and I took the opportunity. Went to see 'The Bright Stream' by Shostakovich's at the Coliseum. Everything was beautiful: the venue, the costumes and the performance. The biggest difference I noticed from the smaller productions I had seen before was the fact that one could hardly hear them thread the stage. This was due to the presence of a full orchestra playing live. And of course, the perfection of the performance itself. Absolutely wonderful.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds Brilliant!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home