Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pom-Poms 4 Neurons


I am doing an installation (The Consciousness Room) at The Brain Unravelled exhibition in September and need hundreds of Pom-Poms for it. They will be hanging from the ceiling and will represent the neurons in the brain.

What I am asking is for you to make a Pom-Pom (or several if you are so inclined, the more the merrier!) and post it to me at this address by September 1st:

Pom-Poms 4 Neurons

70 Claverdale Road

London

SW2 2DL

UK

As I am caught making Pom-Poms everywhere I go these days, the most common thing I hear is 'how do you do them again? I haven't done one since I was about 6 or something!' so here are the instructions.

The rules are:

- one colour per Pom-Pom,

- strong colours only (no pastel colours, etc),

- Pom-Poms should be no bigger than 10cm and no smaller than 5cm in diameter, and

- please leave a hanging thread of 2m (the room has a very high ceiling!)'

- any questions email info@thebrainunravelled.com

If you want me to credit you for your Pom-Pom making, please include your name and country with your Pom-Pom. If you want to take it a step further and tell me the story of how you came across my request to make a Pom-Pom and about the process, who you got involved, where did you make it, etc, I will be editing a book entitled 'Pom-Pom Stories from Afar' where I will include it. This will be available in the installation for people to read and the exhibition is free to attend.

a BIG Thank You in advance and enjoy your Pom-Pom making!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home