Saturday, July 11, 2009

Another Thursday night

I love some of Gilbert & George's work - the new show at the White Cube is quite big, in fact it is so big it's divided into two sites, Mason's Yard and Hoxton.

Of course, one is not supposed to take photos so this is a sneaky one at Hoxton! Not one of the best works. My favorites are 'Ban Religion' and 'Knees Up'.
The openings are always very busy.
Whilst the free beer is flowing!
Went on to Pure Evil after,
to see Gustavo Ortiz's exhibition 'Metamorphosis' - really enjoyed this. The pieces are a mixed media of painting with collage. This series in particular is based on the Argentinian 'myth of origin' according to which in the begginning there were only people and then people transformed into everything: trees, the sea, the sky, etc.. I love trees so I had to pick this one.
It all turned into a bit of a jollie after a few drinks.........
and when we finally made it to the pub, I saw this form of pool I hadn't come across before!

This was the last photo I took that night after a considerable amount of booze had been consumed!!

how romantic.......................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home